Monday, March 23, 2009

Ya gotta start somewhere...

Dave Matthews said, and he was right...

Turn it loud
Let it build
We got a long way to go
But you, ya gotta start somewhere
(Dave Matthews Band - I did it)

We really need to start somewhere, there´s no use in expecting to be the best in your first time, to be the best boyfriend in the first relationship, to be the boss in your first job... but there are few other stuff that you can start very well.

One of the most important things about the first one is that you´ll never forget it, you might forget your name, but you may not forget your "firsts".

That´s how it happened, the first song I ever liked in the style I usually call "pop blues" is Blues Traveler - Run Around. It is a remarkable start, because John Popper is probably the greatest harmonica player ever.

I assume that Blues Traveler is an adorable band, with lots amazing tunes, however it´s not one of my top 10 bands (nevertheless this song is possibly in my top 10 tunes). However it gave birth to another passion, that I´ll tell next post.

This song does not bring any specific memory to my mind, but it´s the first, and that´s enough, by the way... it´s powerfull enough to make a bad day turn into a good day!

Artist: Blues Traveler
Music: Run Around
Album: Four
Released: 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment