Monday, March 16, 2009

Tribute to our Grandma...

Why do the grandparents become the most important person / icon in a family? Well, it can be easily answered by: They are the most experienced people in the family... Ok, fair enough, this is a reasonable answer, but sometimes people don´t consider them the most important, or at least don´t treat them as they were.

Actually, their importance is unquestionable, once if they weren't there, nobody else would be there too. But when they are really the most important, they influence the life of everyone that has given birth out of their DNA. Some of them will be too young to realise the influence their grandparents or great-grandparents had over their lives.

9th March is my grandmother's anniversary and she asked us to make a big party, so we did. It was amazing, I never felt that way with my family before, was a great experience. All her children homenagiate her saying what they were feeling at that moment, no word has been written down beforehand.

The grandsons (including myself, the youngest of them), too many to speak one by one, made a tribute, singing one her favourite's song. More than 20 people singing... two guitars (out of tune) and one flute playing.

Well, not the best players, not the best guitar and flute, far from good singers... but, absolutely, the best feeling...

Singer: Luiz Gonzaga
Music: Asa Branca (White wing)
Album:
Released: 1947






This is not the translation. This is a version in english composed by an brasilian singer, Raul Seixas. The idea of the original lyrics has been preseverd.

White Wings

When i stare the ground of
My land
Burning loose as dancing flames
I asked man there upon
The heavens
If i deserve me this kind of pain
I asked the man there upon
The heavens
If i deserve me this kind of pain
Everywhere the ground is so dry
There's no trees, no green, just red
I lost my cattle, my apaloosa
For lack of water some took away
I lost my cattle, my apaloosa
For lack of water some took away
Even white winged birds flew away
Flew away from my land sight
It was when i said goodbye
Sweet rosie
Keep in to your heart, this heart
Of mine
It was when i said goodbye
Sweet rosie
Keep in to your heart, this heart
Of mine
Many thousands miles away, now
Feeling lonely, lost and blue
I keep on waiting rain falls again there
So i'll be back thou home again
I keep on waiting rain falls again there
So i'll be back thou home again
When the glow green of your eyes
Flows again all over land
I can asure you, so don't
You cry, no
'cause i'll be back, see
To you again!!
I can asure you, so don't
You cry, no
'cause i'll be back, see
To you again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment