Monday, January 19, 2009

Time of Your Life

"This is the "most punk" song we've ever released!" That's what Mike Dirnt, Green Day's bass player thinks about Billie Joe's song. Probably because it's completely different to everything Green Day done before.

This song has a differente appeal and talks about a decision point when thinks change in your life and you need to move on! In that case, to Billie Joe, the reason was the end of a relationship that, for him, shouldn't have ended.

It's one of the most popular of Green Day songs, it's possibly as famous as Basket Case, the classic. When this song reached the top of the charts I was discovering Green Day. I used to listen to the radio everyday just to listen this song wishing really hard that Time of Your Life was in the top... but, unfortunetelly, it never happend, at least not in the main rock radio station of that time.

All the days I listened to the radio, I'll never forget, the most voted was The Unforgiven II, by Metallica, which I liked, but which I wasn't supporting.

Good times, when I went out to play on the streets with my friends having two other bigger friends: the radio, and the earphones.

Artist: Green Day
Music: Good Riddance (Time of your Life)
Album: Nimrod
Released: 1997


No comments:

Post a Comment