Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jesus supporting the War

In my opinion, one of the most important punk rock songs ever. That's the way I classify this song.

There are few reasons for that:

1 - the song was released in 1993, the before the "new punk" explosion, when Green Day, Offspring and many other punk bands came up and stroke the radios and conquered millions of listeners / followers

2 - the lyrics are about the Gulf War, when the first president of the bastard family Bush said they will win the war because was by their sides. Ironic, isn't it? (It's a pity that none proper punk movement raised back from the 9/11 terrorist attacks to the USA).

I don't really remember the song when it was released, but only from my fist English classes when I was trying to understand lyrics of songs I liked, and American Jesus was one of the first, or maybe the first.

American Jesus, possibly my best punk rock song. Bad Religion, probably my best punk band.

Unfortunately, Bad Religion is not a great video clip producers, but, we can stick to the music, what is already enough.

Band: Bad Religion
Music: American Jesus
Album: Recipe For Hate
Released: 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment