Saturday, January 03, 2009

Mr. Brightside...

Well, this is, finally, one song is part of my actual day-to-day.

Not only because I like and it's famous now, but because I'm living in Ireland, this song is simply in everyone's mouths!

The first moment that makes me remind this song is when I started to research about Amy Macdonald, one my current passions. She recorded a cover version, which is very good, and reminded me that these songs existed and was good.

But the moment linked to this song I'll never forget probably is way back home on 22nd December 2008.

I was walking through Grafton Street, Dublin centre, when I saw a small crowd around a guitar player (as it's pretty common in this street). As I approximated, they were in silence, and sudden started to play Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire. When they finished the music, I restarted to walk towards home... then, I heard, they were beginning to play Mr. Brightside. I gave in to the music and joined the crowd once again.

We sang other good songs such as Worderwall (Oasis), Iris (Googoo Dolls) and many others. But the song I'll never forget will be Mr. Brightside, by the Killers...

No comments:

Post a Comment