Monday, May 11, 2009

If there´s No Substance, it goes to the bin!

Well, last week I told you the story of the first song I learned to play in the bass and this song reminds me another story... It didn't happen to me, but it bothered me a lot at that time. I was fourteen or fifteen...

When Bad Religion was the best and almost my only band to hear, one of my friends was listening to it and he finally bought CD.

Few days later, he came to me to say he threw the CD away. The reason: his mother read through the lyrics and found out what they were about. For those who are not informed or are too orthodox, the lyrics can be misunderstood as something anti-Christ.

I was shocked, I had that CD and I cound't imagine that someone could ever do that. Months later, my friend came to me once again and asked my CD for him to make a copy...

There's no specific song that reminds me this story, then, my favourite song in this CD will do!

Music: Shades of Truth
Band: Bad Religion
Album: No Substance
Release: 1998


No comments:

Post a Comment