Friday, July 01, 2011

I won't give it up that easily...

Good old days... I like remembering, every single day, how expending the whole night long dancing was good. Fortunately, my "hang-out-friends" are living happy days in Ireland... I am kind of jealous I must say, but happy to the extreme, challenging myself in every step I take, learning and enjoying each second...Well, but apart from my nostalgy and "Saudade" (english speakers need to create a word for that), let's talk about music, that's why I'm here for!

Few days ago my brother gave me a lift to work (my car was fixing, fu**ing son of a b*tch that hit my rear), and we were listening to a radio program that only plays songs from the 70's, 80's and 90's, and between the songs, people call and talk about the that good old days and what they were doing by that time. Well, listening to all that, we heard this song "give it up", and just like a tsunami, thousands of thoughts and remembrances ran through my head... The three stupid friends jerking around with everyone, dancing and flerting with girls, making all kind of friends, and making the most of now, mainly after two a.m. when they apparentely poured a "magic pouder" in the air that boosted the sensations and the happiness on the floor!

Well.. miss you guys, miss that time, and now I can happily listen to this kind of song, and know that, I am happy now, nevertheless, I've always been!

KC and The sunshine band - Give it Up



Just to let yoy know, I'm 26, and the place where we used to go is called "Trash 80's", nice tribute, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment